Day 1: This Blog will deal mainly with Canadian politics, and will focus on the Progressive Conservative party of Canada.

I've decided, after examining the different candidates, to support Andre Bachand for leader of
the PC Party.

I'll be honest, Mr. Bachand isn't one of the Tory MPs that I know well. But when he spoke on Monday to kick off his campaign, I knew that this man is a leader. The other contenders are very good as well, but there was something I saw in Mr. Bachand during his speech, something I haven't seen in this party for 9 years. A desire to accept and deal with the lack of enthusiasm in our party, and to reach out to Tories who are currently members of other parties for whatever reason. A desire to lead(no offense intended to Mr. Clark who I respect very much). A desire to sit in the Prime Minister's chair.