Scuttlebutt Corner
I spoke yesterday to someone who attended Cardinal Carter's funeral. It was attended by all of the living PMs, all sorts and varieties of Canadian politicians, lots of business bigwigs, and clergy from around the world.
I'm not going to name names, but apparently one of those PMs who attended, one with a French surname, was felt by some to have made a disrespectful entrance, all jaunty and not sombre enough. But apparently he saved himself by going around afterwards and shaking hands with everyone.
Personally I don't give a damn, I don't understand why anyone would even consider it to be worth discussing. The Catholic Church confuses me I guess. I don't even know what the heck a Cardinal is. The church I grew up in had ministers, and that was it. But the Catholics have monks, priests, nuns, bishops, popes, cardinals, choirboys (oops), and maybe more. Oh yeah, friars.

Anyway, I've also heard that with Conrad Black being there, as well as various politicos, there were several attempts at fundraising. And they think it's disrespectful to walk in funny?

I wouldn’t have wanted to have been sitting between Jean and King Conrad.