So Warren (Kinsella) has received a threat from a Liberal MP. Apparently things are going right to hell in our federal government right now, shit is hitting the fan and other metaphorical bad stuff.
Mr. Kinsella is one of those rare folks in politics who is respected by those on the left and on the right. His only real detractors have been the folks at Frank Magazine and the folks running the Paul Martin PMO (Prime Minister's Office). Which makes sense since there is some suspicion that the folks running the current PMO may actually be the same folks who run Frank Magazine (the magazine that specializes in political fart jokes)
Kinsella made some comments regarding complaints about Paul Martin's finance ministry back in the mid 90s that were not very helpful to the current federal government spinmeisters who have been trying to distance Martin from the current scandal regarding federal contracts.
My version of the story probably makes no sense, so try taking a peek at Mr. Kinsella's April 19 version here.

Any-hoo, the reason I am directing your attention to this story is because it reminds me of one of the reasons I decided to uninvolve myself in politics (OH GOD, HERE COMES ANOTHER BORING, WHINY, MIKE WILSON STORY). Back in '94 I remember I was all involved in the Ontario PC Party' policy formation team ('member the Common Sense Revolution?).
That year I remember we were replacing the party president, and everyone who was anyone in Eastern Ontario who was involved in the party was backing Peter Van Loan (who despite the details of this story still sends me invites to his annual BBQ every year).
Anyway, there were a few folks in the Ottawa area who were supporting the other candidate, Jeff Lyons (he of the Joe Clark gov't fame). At some point I decided I liked Lyons, and being the retard that I am, I announced that I was backing Lyons to all my Tory friends.
Well...
You'd think I'd joined the Liberals for all of the hate that was directed at me. Apparently all the Eastern Ontario Tory hacks got together and had a little meeting, to which I was understandably NOT invited. A couple of days later, one of my best friends, who I'll refer to as JP, called me and informed me that he had been chosen to basically direct all manner of threats my way until I smartened up and got back onside. Apparently I was embarrassing the entire eastern Ontario Tory something, and I was going to lose all my positions in the party and have no more friends and never work in this town again.
In the end I voted for the candidate I wanted to vote for and ended up affiliated with the other wing of the PC Party of Ontario (huh? Other wing? What's he talking about??? I'm not going to explain the intricacies of the Ontario PC Party in this post, sorry). Which had a few perks. Lots of rich folks, got driven around a few times by a General in the Canadian Army, and well, that's about it. Shortly afterwards I decided I'd had enough of playing politics.
One more little story before I'm done. My friend, JP, the guy who had been designated to call me up and threaten me? About a year or so later he was challenged for his presidency of some rinky-dink Ottawa area riding association, in a hostile take-over attempt by some Reform Party members. I showed up at the meeting and saved his butt by pointing out that the meeting itself was unconstitutional according to the party's constitution. I think I referred to some clause regarding the requirements for calling a meeting to impeach a riding association president.
I think that was the last thing I ever did in active politics, aside from some local election work here and there. I decided that if my own people, people I trusted, were going to stab me in the back then I did not want to associate with that sort of folks. And since that is typical of the sort of people involved in politics, that pretty much decided for me that playing politics was not for me, even though I had loved it while I was involved.

boo hoo, nobody loves me, everybody hates me, I'm going to the garden to eat worms.

Anyway, as I said, Mr. Kinsella's situation brought back that memory for me (the boo-hoo comment was not directed at him, but at my own whiny tale).

the end.