The Story
Joe. He's the man.

Joe basically called Stephen Harper a faggot on Question Period yesterday, and the whole country stood and cheered. My hands are sore from clapping.

The Aftermath in Quotes

Clark is a "bitter old man," and a "traitor" -John Reynolds

"I think it's unfortunate for Joe." -Stephen Harper

"He's going out as a spoilsport" "When he keeps saying stuff like this, people say, 'There goes Joe again.' " "Not too many people pay attention to what he says." -Loyola Hearn

the comments by me the political idiot

I included the quotes to show how thin-skinned and bitter the new Conservatives are sounding in their responses to Clark's comments. It's unfortunate that Loyola Hearn chose such an undignified way to criticize his former party leader. As a member of the Conservative party (yes, I have my membership now but I'm still debating whether to keep it) I am embarrassed, especially by Hearn's remarks.

But the one thing that most Canadians would agree with right now is that neither Martin or Harper is looking very palatable at this moment. It's really too bad that there isn't another party on the scene right now, conservative yet palatable to Canadians.

A Party like the Progressive Conservatives.


Sigh.............................................................