I always thought that if I ever somehow got transported into the world of either Aldous Huxley's
"Brave New World", or George Orwell's "1984", that it would be better to be one of those
who was blissfully unaware of the mind games.
Now that it seems that I have been transported into a similar world, I feel like Bernard and
Winston, unable to swallow gems like these, which have come out of Washington over the past 2 days:

"The Iraq people are waiting to be rescued by
the Americans and the English just as the French were in 1943."

"Watching France's self-serving politics of passive aggression in this effort has discouraged me
more than I can say,"

"They're (the UN) leaving regions of the world in which humanity is suffering from ethnic
cleansing, is suffering from mass killings, and in the case of Iraq suffering from the
possibility of the use of weapons of mass destruction."