Sasser Worm help
As some readers know, I work for Sony. We build, among some other things, computers. Today, a new worm came out that doesn't look too dangerous, yet, but acts a lot like the Blaster virus. It's called the Sasser worm, God knows why.
I've spent my day researching it and basically becoming mind-numbingly bored by reading anything virus-related, and I thought I'd share some of the tools I've found with my loyal reader(s).

windows update for the wormy here

Norton Antivirus info on it here

I was going to post the link to the fix as well, but if you're reading this, you don't need the fix.

In a nutshell, our reports at Sony were that when it triggers a clock thing or timer may pop up and count 60 seconds. After that, your internet connection will work fine, but you won't be able to use it, meaning that although you're connected you still can't surf. You'll get an error like "unable to find server" on every website.

If you want to really p**s off Microsoft, which hates having to provide support for it's products (and will direct you back to the manufacturer of your PC, ie Sony or Dell), contact them with one of the options listed on this page (note the first option under the line "What support option should you select?". Bastards.)